1. With so much energy and brain power currently being spent on keeping my head together, not having an anxiety attack every time I walk into my living room, and making sure everything I own gets moved safely and carefully and completely before I have to be out of my place at the end of Sunday, there's very little space left in the noodle for blog post ideas.
2. Awards of any shape or size are nice to receive and that is especially true when your stress level is high and your anxiety is threatening to wrap its arms around you and squeeze tight.
So if you'll allow me the self-indulgence, this week's Confessions are on a bit of a theme. Thank a billion to Natalie!
I think the last time I did this I either didn't know about the part where I had to share 11 facts about myself or it wasn't a thing at that point, but I literally just shared 10 new pieces of information about myself and I'm not that into myself, so here are some links to lots o' facts rather than one list, because I'm a rebel with a cause (and my cause is time and energy preservation, currently. Sigh).
TMI Tag — 50 Facts About Me
1. Who's your favourite blogger and why?
Oh good god. I can't possibly. Blogging has introduced me to so many lovely, lovely people and I'm so happy to consider so many great girls from all over the world my friends. I can't possibly choose one. I will say that one of my favorite bloggers that I admire just from afar (and who undoubtedly has no idea I exist) is Katie Shelton. She's so creative and just gives off such a warm, welcoming air. Plus her daughters are adorable, her style is inspiring, and she seems like she would be absolutely awesome to grab fro-yo with.
2. What's your favourite post you've ever written, share the link?
It really depends on the day, and what we're going for. I loved writing this list of 25 things I learned in 25 years, this post about the Hobby Lobby decision, this post about living with a reproductive disorder, and this post about my love affair with running.
3. Kardashians: Love or Hate?
Neither, but when I'm flipping channels and I see their name, I stop on it. They are extraodinarily entertaining, for all the wrong reasons.
4. Would you be able to recognise Prince Harry or a fake knock off on a TV show?
Hm. I know what he looks like, but it probably wouldn't be hard to fool me with a good look-alike.
5. What's you're favourite book and why?
I have a few, and it all depends on my mood and the time of the year. I usually say that my favorite book is whatever I'm currently reading, because I don't stay with books I don't enjoy. But if you twisted my arm I'd say The Great Gatsby. I've loved this book since I first read it in high school and I've read it ever year since, around Christmastime. There are so many reasons I love it, the language chief among them and Carraway himself a close second. Sitting down with Gatsby feels like coming home after a long time away, wrapping up in a blanket, pouring a cup of tea, and settling into the pillows.
6. Biggest Pet Peeve?
Honestly, I have a lot, but that makes me sound like an awful person. I REALLY don't like when people scrape their forks on their teeth or their plates. And open-mouth chewing. And whining.
7. Who do you think could be your best friend if only you two actually met?
Jennifer Lawrence. Also John Mayer.
8. Dream holiday destination?
This is tough. I'm not very traveled yet, but I'm on a mission to go to all 50 states. I'd love to see the world, but I think there's so much to see right here in the ol' U.S. of A. that gets taken for granted. I've got 12 down already, and though there are other places I'd love to see as well, right now the next "big trip" on my radar is to Portland & Seattle next year, so I'll say that. It's my current goal, which is kinda like a dream, no?
9. You can have dinner with any four celebrities, who's invited?
I'm going to not even attempt a deep response here, I'm looking for a good time: Jason Bateman, Amy Poehler, Tina Fey, and J-Law.
10. Why did you start blogging, are the reasons still the same?
Well when I first first started, it was back in 2007 or 2008 and I honestly can't tell you what compelled me to do it back then. When I started alyssagoesbang 1.0 (in 2010 or so, I *think*) it was to house and work on creative non-fiction writing and become a part of writing communities. That fell apart sometime early in 2013 (again, I *think*) and then I relaunched it as this spot your eyeballs are on right now in February 2014.
I did that because I was still an avid blog reader, and I terribly missed being a part of the community. Previous adventures in blogging gave me connections that I still have today with some swell people and I missed the experience of "meeting" people with stories so alike and so different from mine, who could teach me things, who I could share thoughts and ideas with, who I could laugh with and learn from and enjoy wonderful conversation with. That, in combination with feeling jaded about writing (because I was only doing it for my day job and had lost my creative hobby and outlet), is what brought me back, and why I stick around.
11. What's your most played song on your iPod/iPhone?
No idea. I use Spotify, and thank god it doesn't record number of plays.
Okay now next up I'm supposed to nominate a whole buncha people, but again, I'm a rule-breaker. I know the purpose of this is to attract attention to bloggers with fewer than 200 followers, but so many of my lovely blog friends are breaking that barrier left and right and/or being inundated with other fine bloggers' Liebster Award nominations. And I know not everyone enjoys filling these things out and/or reading them, and I'd hate to be a source of contention here.
So I'm gonna keep it simple and forward this lil' trophy along to my friend Tracy, who writes a kick-ass blog about her adventures in triathlon training, going back to school, and being awesome. Tracy has given me some great advice over the few months we've spent getting to know each other and has been an incredibly encouraging and supportive presence in my life as a runner and human bean. So here are my questions for Tracy:
1. Whats's the coolest/most interesting thing that has happened since you started your blog?
2. Smooth or crunchy peanut butter?
3. Who would play you in a movie about your life?
4. What do you wish you could tell your 16-year-old self?
5. If you could look ahead to the future, knowing you could do nothing to change the outcome, would you and why/why not?
6. One-way plane ticket in your hands right now to anywhere in the world. Would you take it and where would you go?
7. Show us your favorite post you've written!
8. What's the worst part about blogging?
9. What's your favorite place in the world?
10. What is the best "first" of yours that you can remember?
11. What is the number one thing you're working toward right now?
Linking up with Kathy for Humpday Confessions because I confess I love talking about myself sometimes and I just kinda confessed to being entertained by the Kardashians and I should probably do some Hail Marys or something.