Quick, someone take me down a peg before my ego gets big enough to need its own zip code. Krystal from The Kay Times has nominated me for a Liebster Award! Thanks so much, Kay!
So I guess there are one or two strings attached to this ol' thing, and here they are:
The rules:Here we go with step 2:
1) You must link back to the person who nominated you — Check!
2) You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominator — Alright then!
3) You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award (with a small following) — Hmmm...
4) You must create 10 questions for your nominees —OOH how I love a Q&A!
5) You must notify your nominees — On it!
1. What made you decide to start a blog?
Yikes. There's a lot more to this answer than I want to burden you with here, since I already shared a bit about it here and here. Let me put it in simplest terms and say that this blog exists because I feel comfortable here in bloglandia, and I know what a wonderful place it can be thanks to the fact that I started writing my thoughts on the Internet way before I had any right to. Anyone remember Geocities?
2. How did you choose your blog's name?
I told you a bit about that here too. Basically, I was young and inappropriate and trying to be suggestive and then I was too lazy to try and get people on the Internet to call me anything else.
3. Dogs or Cats?
Sigh. I suppose both have their value. But dogs. Definitely, always dogs.
4. What is your favorite color?
5. Celebrity crush (girl crush included)
I don't really have just one. Usually I crush on whoever is the most attractive-to-me actor or actress in whatever I'm currently watching. Which is why as I binge on House, M.D. I'm currently crushing on Hugh Laurie and Olivia Wilde. Oh and I'm always, always crushing on Christian Bale. And Jennifer Lawrence. And ya know what, Meryl Streep too.
6. Which is worse? Lizards or Frogs?
I think frogs can be actually kind of cute, and I don't exactly find lizards inherently bad. So let's say neither and give frogs the slight advantage, how's that?
7. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
Sometimes I wish I were way less emotional in my responses, because at times it gets me into trouble. I do eventually stop and think logically, but my initial reactions to things are typically entirely emotion-based. Which I'm mostly okay with — it's just the way I am — but it can be a pain in the ass sometimes.
Oh but wait if I'm not being all self-secure and all that, someone get me prettier feet, stat. I was a ballet dancer for the first half of my life and now I'm a runner, so there's nothing cute happening south of my ankles. #sorryboutit
8. Read the book or see the movie?
I'm not good at seeing movies. I just never get around to it. But if it's a title that I'd ultimately like to see and read, I'd like to read it first. That way I can imagine the characters, the scenery, the voices as I think they were written, not how a director told me the author thought they should be. Also, I cried when The Great Gatsby
9. What is something about you that not many know?
Hmm. This is hard — since I never stop talking, and the subject I know the most about is myself, I think I've probably covered just about anything. But most people in bloglandia
10. Link your favorite post!
I think this is my favorite post I've written on this blog to date — it's everything I've learned about life so far.
Okay, step 3...
Here's the thing. I'm a rule breaker. So while I would love to nominate 10 bloggers I love for this award (and believe me, there are plenty more than 10) it seems that many who sprang right to my mind have already been nominated. And I don't want to force anyone to answer another 10 questions, because God knows if I wrote the nomination they would all be compelled to do exactly as I said. Also one of my biggest blog crushes has just announced her exodus from the blogosphere, so I'm a sad lost little duck now.
So instead, I want to just nominate one lady who I really think is the absolute bee's knees, because I know she'll appreciate the Q&A too ;) But, since I know the purpose of this it to share blogs we love and help others discover new ones to #fangirl all over, I'm just going to leave this here and insist that you all go follow every single being on this roll.
Oh and the person I'm nominating is Emily from My Favorite Day. Go shower her with love and kisses.
1. What's the best/most interesting that's happened in your life due to blogging?Thanks again, Krystal! I'm off to complete step 5. Catch you guys on the flippity flip.
2. Where do ideas for your post topics come from?
3. Who would play you in the movie about your life?
4. What is one thing you wish you could tell yourself 10 years ago?
5. Tell us one quirk that you feel is uniquely "you."
6. What song will always make you sing at the top of your lungs?
7. What movie will always make you cry?
8. What are you allergic to?
9. What do you think is your best character or personality trait?
10. What one event has had the most significant lasting event on your life?